Tuesday, May 12, 2009

PT

Finally started physical therapy today and was stunned by how much i was worn out after leaving there especially since we only did no weighted exercises and every week we will only add 1lbs I was pretty frstrated when he said that but changed my mind after my session, lots of different shoulder exercises with high reps and they stretched me in so many different ways. I will be going 3 times a week, the left shoulder is a AC injury and the right is a tear and severe bursitis. So we will see how things go from here.

I cant do anything heavy weighted, but im changing my push up style with hands very close to my body and behing my shoulders and i dont feel any pain but i havent really ever done it that way so my tri's are getting a good workout, its ok to do assisted PU but no body weight on those and strictly nothing overhead, i havent lost any strenght and from what the therapist tells me, i will be strenghtening areas that will support shoulder and back muscles so in tim ei will benefit from it, he did stree posture, even when walking and just sitting, to keep my chest out and basically to keep my back aligned and tummy in, i was surprised because im always aware of my form while I workout and dont really pay attention when im not.

I have been using my elliptical with short burst intervals ,a nd today worked on BS and more PU's, would have loved to join D and one of the mommy workout but Gym was packed, next time D!

O

No comments: