Thursday, February 5, 2009

Shoulder update

So I finally got to see the sports medicine therapist and I gotta say he was great, we went threw different moves that were very painful to narrow down where exactly that nasty tear in my rotator cuff is and he gave me a shot to numb that area to see what i was capable of with no pain, the bad thing about this shot was that he said it will wear off in about 4hours and will be very painful because of going threw muscle tissue and it was and still is, the good new is that this week till next Tuesday i have specific exercise that i have to do 3sets of 6 to 8 reps no more and the last three reps need to be challenging, this is all threw the pain, i have the pain meds my regular doc gave me but all the do is make me a raging B*#$% and just deal with it, oh and they knock me out. Still taking anti inflammatory. SO after many x-rays on the spot and him looking at them, next week i will come back for a couple of Steroid shots, which will completely take any pain away and all the fluids from the swelling will disappear, this shot will last about 5 weeks and 3 to 4 days after the shot is when i have to hit it hard, basically i have to rebuild new muscle tissue in my shoulder. I asked what happens when the steroids wear off and he said that i will get one more shot to be safe and he will take more x-rays in the mean time, its was really hard to get to Major Jarvis but it was worth it i never complain about pain and this has been the worst ever so far, other than birth, id rather do MURPH 4 times a week than deal with this pain in my shoulder.

Yesterday I did back squat with my hubby at Estep

5x5

95,105,115,125,135

stretching before was more than a workout my approach to that now is very different, I'm a little frustrated i wont be going as heavy but that's OK I'm not looking for time anymore I'm more interested in the form and intensity.

1 comment:

D. Frazier said...

Hey Nat, I'm really looking fwd to having you back around the gym. It was fun to DL with you tonight.