Tuesday, February 10, 2009

CINDY

as many rounds in 20min of:

5 pull ups
10 push ups
15 squats

I got 10 rounds and 5 pull ups

very disappointing to me but i keep telling myself I'm going ease into it slow and I kinda did, i used 2 bands for the pull ups which made it extremely easy but it still busted up my shoulder, when i got there i was trying a few kips and i can do them well but it just dint feel right, feels like I'm gonna dislocate it, very frustrating because i hate to say i used bands but that what i should be doing, squats were easy but overall my shoulders were rattling and I'm in serious pain, push ups are my strong point, i can usual knock out 20-30 no problem and now 5-10 horrible for me because when i bring my chest to the floor and push back up my right shoulder is almost gonna give out on me.
As for pull ups well I'm gonna have to stop those and i mean completely till I don't feel a thing its to the point where I'm scared to workout after feeling so much pain overtime. I will still use bands maybe 3 to take away most resistance just to keep a little muscle memory and I'm not a small women so its not the best idea for me to be throwing myself up there with weak shoulders.....I was hard, Ive been concentrating on so much muscular strenght that my cardio sucks. Don't think i could have done it without Dymphna there and others too, helps me finish.

4 comments:

D. Frazier said...

At least today is DL!

Jen said...

girl, you are too hard on yourself. there's no way i'd be doing any of that if my shoulder were messed up. speaking of which, are you supposed to be doing all this?! :)

Natalie said...

yesterday was my first time trying a WOD so no i wasnt suppose to be doing that, i got my shots today and itr was completly painful that i felt like my shoulder and whole arm went completly numb cause it was so painful, so it take about a full week for the roids to kick in and by week 2 i will feel nothing and for about 5 weeks i have very specific exercises to do every second day. so no more shoulder stuff unless its my specific exrcises i opted to do it myself instead of therapy 3 times a week cause im pretty good and familiar with lifting. Oh and im in extreme pain now from the shots. lovely

Unknown said...

just be careful, Nat! I know it's killing you to not workout hard and lift, but you know it's not worth destroying your shoulder. And 10 rounds with a junked-up shoulder? I'd say that's not bad at all.