Monday, September 15, 2008

FRAN




21,15,9
95lbs Thrusters
pull-ups

(women's recommended weight is 65lbs)

I did it in 12:45 with 65lbs for thrusters as Rx'd
and real kippings had to do them in set of 3.

(last Fran long time ago was 8:21 with assisted kips and 55lbs )


Let me tel you the last set of pull ups sucked so bad because when it came down to the last five, i thought i felt the tape around the bar peel off but NOOOOOOOO it was the skin on the palm of my hand, it hurt so bad but i feel proud at the same time, I'm part of the family now.

I wasn't planing at all to do Fran i was gonna do the alternate which was heavy lifting but i haven't been consistent with cardio since concentrating on strenght, well now i know the strenght training has paid off, 65lbs felt pretty good, would like to try 70lbs that's if i ever do it again.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

You looked awesome doing Fran today. I was so proud of you! You're really starting to make new gains again...hooray! Pooh on the broken hands.

Jen said...

dang girl! looks painful...going to try and get back in the gym tomorrow. hopefully i'll see you there! :)

KToth said...

Nice! I thought my hands were looking bad with these big callouses, but you totally win that one. Ouch.
Nice job with the workout too. 65# Thrusters is indeed impressive.

D. Frazier said...

I am so impressed that you have already gotten to the level of doing Fran as RX'D. I wouldn't recommend doing it with 70 though just work on getting your time down. A good thing to do is heavy thrusters such as 7x3 or 5x5 first find your max and go from there. I found that helps me as well with the push press and push jerk helps to get explosive on the drive. And the 65 will feel much lighter next time.