Wednesday, September 17, 2008

STEP CLASS


So tonight I hate to say it but I actually went to a step class and it was pretty interesting but first let's get something straight, I'm not your step class kind of gal, Ive been to group classes before, mostly the kickboxing ones which can be very challenging if you got a good instructor.

My neighbour convinced me to go with her and I figured it would motivate her to be in better health since her doctor told her that she needs it.

Two things I learned:


1- I have no coordination whatsoever to do all the step moves they were asking.


2-An hour long of straight cardio did not affect me like it used too, I wasn't out of breath, i just felt like I went for an hour long walk, so I'm proud to say that besides being a good 15lbs over my regular weight, I AM SO STRONG AND IN GREAT SHAPE, I may not be fast (YET) but everyone in that class was pretty much having a hard time even others who were smaller than me and i was the only one who added height to the step to make it more challenging.


Thank you Crossfit, even when i was smaller and thought i was in good shape, I wasn't.


Oh and you know after a hard Crossfit workout we throw ourselves on the floor, well I sat down after the class and the instructor told me " nononono you must get up because you can get very dizzy and faint after your heart rate being so high" i felt like telling to try Fran or Helen at her fastest pace. Oh well it was fun except for the Justin Timberlake disco music that was playing, that was unnecessary.

3 comments:

D. Frazier said...

I can not even get a mental picture of that!! Glad you had fun though...

Unknown said...

I'm with D...I cannot even fathom you going to step!!! Good for you, though...glad it wasn't horror.

...Yvonne said...

hahaha you crack me up. "except for the justin timberlake music playing. that was unnecessary." hahahaha