Sunday, October 26, 2008

Crossfit Total

My last CFT was 470 and I wanted to make this up for not doing it yesterday, in the back of my mind i knew it was a bad idea after my Friday workout which was allot of DL reps, and knowing that after that i shouldn't be going that heavy again for another week or even 2.

Got 82 on shoulder press (new pr, last pr and last CFT got 75)
i started with 135 for back Squat and usually this feels easy but my back felt like an egg shell because I'm very sore everywhere, but it just didn't feel right to do it, i was actually really worried i would injure myself, so i was stupid enough to keep going, i got 175lbs and then 185 that didn't even try just got it off the rack and i knew it wasn't a good idea.
I'm very frustrated and disappointed, but i need to be smarter about lifting heavy. Need to focus on the progress even more. I should be happy about getting 82lbs on Shoulder press because i was stuck at 75lbs for the longest time and 82 felt good i feel like I could have gone up to 85lbs.

So in all reality today my CFT was 257
future CFT goal is 510

5 comments:

Jen said...

you didn't hurt yourself though, right? from reading that i thought when i got to the end you were going to say you were hurt. don't scare me like that! :) you need to stop going at night and working out with dymphna and jess and start coming back in the mornings with me & michelle! haha! :) we miss you!

Natalie said...

I wish i could go in the late mornings jen but the next 2 weeks it wont be till after 730 at night,but some of those days ill be doing my workouts on post here at the gym since i can alk the girls to Dcare in the morns and then walk to the gym.

KToth said...

Nat you are too hard on yourself. You just pulled 250 lbs off of the ground the other day. That's amazing. And a new should press PR? That's just icing on the cake. Be careful with yourself. :)

Jen said...

let me know if you ever want a running/walking partner? we can put the girls in the stroller and head off...

Michelle said...

i agree with Jen...i miss seeing you in the mornings but when Ry gets home making I can join you a few nights...although I'm starting the new strength cycle and your warm up would be my max! lol